Tuesday, October 4, 2011

~*Snowballs in Fall? ... and some progress & news*~

Hello Dear Friends! Yes, snowballs... but they aren't made from cold, wet snow! I'm attempting to make some bowl fillers... from Styrofoam & drywall compound. That much is done. They will be decorated with this beautiful, German glass glitter before they are finished...
No, I'm not trying to rush past this beautiful Fall weather we are having. These are for the craft show at the local mall in November... and for some gifts too.

That isn't all I have been doing. Here are a few sneak peeks of the next schoolhouse sampler... second in the series of ~*Victor Minor*~...
early blues, woody brown, and deep greenThis is a larger sampler, and there will be two finishes with the pattern. I'm still stitching on it most every day... and taking it along on every outing I go on.

Some news to share too... I'm very excited about this... and nervous & scared too. After almost six years... I am re-entering the work force. I have been hired as waitress for a small diner opening in town. I think it will be a lot of fun! I love to be around people... chatting, giggling, and hearing stories. The hours will be most wonderful... allowing me to still be mom, wife, and crafter. Plus... the extra income no matter how big or small will help our family budget. I am looking forward to this new venture... and to making more friends.

I do still plan to craft! And to stitch! I could never let that go...that is a huge part of what makes me ME!

I have some snowballs to make... go gotta run.

Wishing you warm smiles...

Betty

23 comments:

  1. Throw some snowballs this way!!! :-) The sampler looks gorgeous... almost a winter feel to it so the timing will be perfect! You will do well with your new job and have fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the snowballs Bettygirl ~ I'll bet you'll sell every one! can't wait to see them all glittered-up...your sampler is amazing, as all of your work...I wish I was your customer at the restaurant!! I'd give you a big tip!!
    xoxox\
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck in your new venture!!!! Keep updated on how you are enjoying your job. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sampler is looking great! Looks like it is stitched with my favorite colors. Your new venture sounds wonderful. I know you will do just fine and it's good that you are able to have hours that will fit into your schedule and family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello dear, i love the snow balls so much..and the sampler is truly so nice..
    good luck with your job dear and have a lovely time.
    lots of hugs for you
    smiley cucki :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. With your fantastic, outgoing personality, you'll be a big hit at the diner! Glad to hear, though, that you'll continue your crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, love the snowballs! And - of course the sampler! Best of luck with the new job - sounds like a fun venture! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  8. The snowballs look wonderful already!! Congrats on the new job!!

    Enjoy your evening~Becky

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Betty...love your snow balls and it was a pleasure to see your wonderful designs at Lori's the other week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Betty...love the snowballs. It was an honor to see your wonderful designs at Lori's the other week. Good luck with your job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope we see the snowballs when they are done. They look really "cool" ;)
    Congratulations on your new job. They are going to love you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the snowballs, I use to make snow things with snowtex, a bit messy though. I was a waitress for a couple of weeks, I am not a good waitress, lol.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Snowballs are great anytime, as long as they aren't real lol! I was thinking the same thing the other day though, when I was painting Santa's in 80 degree weather lol! Good Luck on your new job, I LOVE waitressing and would love to find a job doing it again! It helps with money and still leaves time for many other things like you said! Keep us updated on how it goes! =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Betty hope your first day of work was a good one. Your snowballs are looking great and loved the pieces you did for the Early Works site...they are so perfect for fall.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on your new venture!!! Women are so resourceful ~ we do what needs to be done!! Good luck to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anxious for the next sampler! Congratulations on the new job - hope you'll be well rewarded with smiles and tips!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on the new job! Hey, if it covers gas and groceries for the week, that's awesome!
    As usual, the new sampler is awesome! I just started on your Live Laugh Love sampler this past weekend....hoping to get it finished for a Christmas gift!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the snowballs. They will be fabulous. The sampler is looking good. Congratulations on your new job. That is terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a unique idea! You are very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those snowballs are going to be really cool! Can't wait to see the finished product.
    Congrats on the new job! Enjoy.

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  21. What gorgeous snowballs!!! Great for a November craft show. Enjoy your new job!! I was a waitress for awhile after I retired from SWB and it was definitely a new experience. Hope to see you at our next workshop.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love that you are embarking on a new job! You sound like the perfect person to greet a hungry customer...friendly, caring, and having a great sense of humor!! I look forward to hearing about your new diner adventures.

    ReplyDelete

What friends have said...