Tuesday, September 6, 2011

~*Challenge Update*~

Hello Dear Friends! I thought it was about time to share my updated challenge piece with you... and also just to get back to stitching after being so wrapped up with everything else that has consumed my time lately.

So... here is my updated challenge sampler...


You may recall, the challenge proposed by Jennie Lynn of Appleseed Prim for the members of Samplermakers. This is what I've been able to stitch up so far... and I do hope to have it finished and released as a pattern very soon!

Jennie Lynn gave several motifs to inspire us... as well as a set of objectives to strive for. I've added my own changes and inspirations to the motifs... and hopefully am creating a sweet Autumn sampler to inspire more stitchers.

Our birthday party was a big success last weekend. Lots of fun, food, and good times! One little boy was especially happy...
He was thrilled to dust off his go kart & spend the day zooming around the yard. This is his 'tough racer' look...

Wishing you warm smiles...

Betty

11 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun birthday, lots of smiles.
    I still need to find a magnifier light so I can work on linen.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo well done on the challenge piece have you been peeking at my chart ..lol love mouse xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your challenge piece is looking good Betty! I'm working on mine too. Trinity is really growing up. He looks pretty happy! Hugs, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great 9 year old. He always has a smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it is really looking so lovely..i like it so much:)
    love and hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's looking gorgeous!...looks like the Bday party was a hit!..I haven't started my stitching yet...that's next on my list..

    Blessings,
    ~Ronda

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm enjoying seeing little sneak peeks of everyone's challenge pieces!! Love how your's is turning out -- and can't wait to see it all finished up!
    Your young man certainly looks to have enjoyed his special day! And how cool must it be for him to have his own go-cart to tool around in??!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your challenge sampler is shaping up wonderfully Betty. That little owl is just too sweet! Glad you had good weather and lots of fun for Trinity's birthday. I think that age frame was one of my very favorites when my son was growing up....still lots of sweetness and sharing....Too soon, they grow up....Hope the day was good to you....Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  9. The challenge piece is looking really nice, Betty. I am ashamed to say, I haven't started on mine yet. I've been too busy hooking lately! I can't believe how big Trinity is getting! I would love to have a go cart to tool around in!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That piece is gonna be awesome when you are finished, I am already loving it!

    Glad you all had a great time at the festivities. Sharing special moments like that is what life is all about...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks good!! I have mine done for the most part...still deciding on a couple of colors & adding a partial border. What fun! Check out Pineberry Lane to see her finished pattern. It's wonderful!! ~Kriss~

    ReplyDelete

What friends have said...